Now that you have an organizing system in place, it will be much easier for you to stay organized going forward – but you need to stick to your system!
- You’ve got to book time with yourself, in your planner, at least once a month to take care of office filing and edit the piles that have collected.
- Embrace the system of using magazine holders to turn your horizontal piles into categorized vertical piles.
- Setting up appropriate categories allows you to maintain toy storage.
- And label, label, label
- Make sure you have the right storage pieces and use the appropriate containers. When everything is sized appropriately your space will be much more efficient.
- Having separate ‘zones’ for different activities allows you to keep multi-use rooms organized.
Give yourself time. You need two weeks to adapt to the changes you’ve made and allow them to have a lasting impact.
Many of our clients book a follow-up session after about 3 months to fine tune and have a look at any seasonal items that need to be re-shifted, as well as a yearly maintenance session to address the natural changes that happen – from kids moving into a different phase, job changes, renovation plans coming up, new family hobbies, and the like.
I’d love to hear from you. Do you have a tip that you can share that has worked for you?
Image courtesy of zirconicusso / FreeDigitalPhotos.netCategories: home organization, office organization.
Tags: household routines, staying organized, storage.